KeyFC欢迎致辞,点击播放
资源、介绍、历史、Q群等新人必读
KeyFC 社区总索引
如果你找到这个笔记本,请把它邮寄给我们的回忆
KeyFC 漂流瓶传递活动 Since 2011

[每日一Lo系列] 真·全·萝莉塔 - 上篇 节5-1

[ 7065 查看 / 0 回复 ]

这一节爆长......-_-|||||| 而且对于文化、历史背景的应用极多......而且还夹杂法文单词..........-_-bbbbbbbbbb

翻译这1/3我就查了两个小时的资料, 注解绝对的详细,其他地方根本看不到的哦!!!!!!

*5*

The days of my youth, as I look back on them, seem to fly away from me in a flurry of pale repetitive scraps like those morning snow storms of used tissue paper that a train passenger sees whirling in the wake of the observation car. In my sanitary relations with women I was practical, ironical and brisk. While a college student, in London and Paris, paid ladies sufficed me. My studies were meticulous and intense, although not particularly fruitful. At first, I planned to take a degree in psychiatry and many manqué talents do; but I was even more manqué than that; a peculiar exhaustion, I am so oppressed, doctor, set in; and I switched to English literature, where so many frustrated poets end as pipe-smoking teachers in tweeds. Paris suited me. I discussed Soviet movies with expatriates. I sat with uranists in the Deux Magots. I published tortuous essays in obscure journals. I composed pastiches:

...Fräulein von Kulp
may turn, her hand upon the door;
I will not follow her. Nor Fresca. Nor
that Gull.

回首看去,我的青春岁月就像一堆苍白单调的碎片一样飞走了——就像列车乘客曾经经常看到的,清晨风暴似的从观景车厢尾飞出的脏纸巾。我生理方面与女性的关系是现实,强烈而讽刺性的。在伦敦和巴黎就读大学时,我靠着“雇佣女郎”获得满足。我的学习是认真而紧张的,尽管并不是很有成就。起初,我打算跟许多“落魄天才”一样,获取一个精神病学学位,结果我比他们更加落魄——由于过度的压抑,一种奇异的疲惫感占据了我,就是这样的,医生。我于是转到英语文学。这个专业的许多沮丧的诗人们最终成为穿斜纹呢,叼烟杆的教师。巴黎很适合我,在那里我跟流亡者谈论苏联电影、与同性恋者坐在双叟咖啡馆(巴黎的经典咖啡座之一,译者注)聊天。我在一些不知名的杂志发表过冗长的文章,也写过些仿体诗:

…冯•库伯小姐
手放在门上,可能回头;
我不会跟随她,或者弗雷斯卡,或者
那只海鸥。

(取材于T•S•艾略特的诗《小老头》,写于1920年,译者注)

A paper of mine entitled "The Proustian theme in a letter from Keats to Benjamin Bailey" was chuckled over by the six or seven scholars who read it. I launched upon an "Histoire abrégée de la poésie anglaise" for a prominent publishing firm, and then started to compile that manual of French literature for English-speaking students (with comparisons drawn from English writers) which was to occupy me throughout the forties — and the last volume of which was almost ready for press by the time of my arrest.

我有一篇题目为“济慈给本杰明•贝利的一封信中的普鲁斯特式话题”的论文,博得了六、七个学者的赏识。(约翰•济慈:英国著名诗人;本杰明•贝利:济慈在牛津大学的朋友;普鲁斯特:马塞尔•普鲁斯特,文学家,以作品《追忆逝水年华》著称,书中暗含有对同性恋的描述,因此“普鲁斯特式”即为“同性恋的”的委婉说法,译者注)我开始为一家有名的出版社写《英国诗词简史》,还有给说英语的学生编纂的法语文学指导书(含有英国作家们的比较)。这些事情本应足够我忙活到四十岁——当我被捕时,我的最后一卷书几乎已经追备好付印了。

I found a job — teaching English to a group of adults in Auteuil. Then a school for boys employed me for a couple of winters. Now and then I took advantage of the acquaintances I had formed among social workers and psychotherapists to visit in their company various institutions, such as orphanages and reform schools, where pale pubescent girls with matted eyelashes could be stared at in perfect impunity remindful of that granted one in dreams.

我找到过一份工作——在巴黎郊区的欧特伊给一群成年人教英语。然后,一所男童学校雇佣了我一两个冬天。不时地,利用我与社会工作者们和心理医生们的熟人关系,在他们的陪同下参观各种各样的机构,如孤儿院和教养院。在那里有许多白皙的发育期少女可以被我无所忌惮的直视,她们弯弯的睫毛让我回忆起我那梦中属于我的人。
最后编辑Prz 最后编辑于 2010-07-22 09:39:59
分享 转发
飛べない翼に、意味はあるんでしょうか?